Following six months of intensive research, the GLOBE Advisors team has just released three comprehensive reports examining British Columbia’s clean economy focussing on three high-growth sectors – Clean Energy Supply and Storage; Green Building and Energy Efficiency; and CleanTransportation.
These reports build on GLOBE’s West Coast Clean Economy study released in March 2012 and provide critical insights on job creation and investment promotion opportunities in British Columbia.
Key findings from this six-month study show that:
- In 2011, the three sectors in B.C. were responsible for 123,350 full-time equivalent (FTE) jobs and over $15 billion in GDP.
- Local B.C. companies are working to provide innovative solutions to address domestic and global challenges.
- Many companies have recently expanded to meet rising demand for their products and services despite recent market volatilities.
- Supportive public policies, programs, and partnerships have proven critical to company success.
- Companies continue to face challenges ranging from technology risk, to sourcing capital, to finding skilled and qualified workers.
TO DOWNLOAD FULL COPIES OF THE THREE REPORTS IN PDF, VISIT THE GLOBE ADVISORS WEBSITE: www.globeadvisors.ca