The EXCEL Partnership is Canada’s most trusted and influential business group focused on corporate sustainability issues. Formally affiliated with the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, EXCEL was formed in 1996 to accelerate EXCELLENCE IN CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP in Canada. In doing so, EXCEL strives to:
- Raise the profile of environmental performance and financial linkages.
- Collaborate, network and share knowledge with members.
- Stimulate and encourage environmental leadership and innovation.
A powerful interactive peer group for senior environmental and other corporate executives, members of EXCEL:
- Exchange ideas and experiences to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of corporate environmental and sustainable development activities;
- Interact with high-level federal government officials and ministers to promote public policy in recognition of corporate environmental excellence;
- Assess and share knowledge on innovative practices with leading North American and European corporate sustainability practitioners;
- Engage with and influence capital-market leaders to promote the concept of share value that rewards environmental performance;
- Develop the business case on how sustainable development leadership delivers tangible results for shareholders, and
- Benchmark performance against a peer group of companies to maintain competitiveness.
EXCEL is an initiative of the GLOBE Foundation, and the Delphi Group acts as the Secretariat for the EXCEL Partnership. EXCEL is a member of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)’s Regional Network.
Find out more: www.excelpartnership.ca